After installation of Cisco EzVPN Client v5.0.07.0440 on Windows 10 x64 by opening the configured VPN connection comes the message:
Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 442: Failed to Enable Virtual Adapter.
- Open the regedit and go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CVirtA.
- Change the value of string “DisplyName” to “Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows” even if you see in Network File & Sharing Center and in Device Manager the adapter named “Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows #2”.
- Open the regedit and go to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters.
- Change the value of DWORD “ArpRetryCount” to “0”.
- Permanently deactivate the service Internet Connection Sharing.
- Restart the host.